Thursday, November 6, 2008

Time...

Sorry for the lack of updates... I have been getting harassed by a couple of friends. Time has been hard to come by with the kids in school. I have been spending time with Nathan in his Cub Scout en devours, we went to a trail blazer day and a camping weekend. We shot BB guns and bow and arrow... he is pretty good with the BB gun once we figured out to keep the barrel higher so the BB's wouldn't fall out!! Ash and James were both home for a few days. It was nice to spend time with them as they only make it home a couple of times a year. Another high point is that we are now back to one dog as Ash took Daisy with her back to NC. I am a little sad as Daisy and I had a bond, but she was high maintenance and Ash will give her the attention that she deserves.

Biking update - Massive fall out was fun, but I could have had a lot more fun with bigger tires. I have learned that skinny tires are good for grass and pavement, but are not good for much else. We are leaving for Iceman tomorrow... not sure how I feel about it as the weather is going to SUCK!! Cold and rainy is not my favorite riding weather, but it is a fun race with lots of people. I rode the complete course in the cycle lab at Fraser on Wednesday and I have a plan. CX racing has also consumed a lot of time. I will update more on that when I get back, but here are some pictures.


Start of Vets Park race





Barriers at Vets Park CX

STEEP run up at Lower Huron CX


Uphill barriers at Lower Huron CX

1 comment:

Lori said...

It's great to see back on your blog. I have been checking it out weekly. Where's (or what's) Iceman?