Monday, October 31, 2011

Being sick sucks…

It’s that time of year and every one is getting sick. I usually can dodge it or just have a short stint… but not this year. Since just before Addison till about the end of last week, I have been up and down with something. Arianna was sick, Mary Ann was sick and Nathan has been up and down. It really zapped my legs and joints. I couldn’t get enough sleep… blah blah blah. I spent one whole weekend sleeping and watch football with Mary Ann. I even skipped my favorite CX race at Linden Park. The worst was just after the Mad Anthony CX race in Detroit. I thought I had recovered, but right from the start, my legs wanted nothing to do with it. I had a bad start and faded from there. It was still a good time as I was racing with my friend Patrick Robb which is always fun. After the race I felt ok, but the next day my legs were sore… and not in a good way. They hurt to even touch. With Iceman coming in less than 2 weeks, I was getting worried. I ended up taking more time off the bike and finally got out this weekend for some hammering and all systems are go! Definitely lost some power and fitness, but I am ready to try and hang on to the fast guys in wave 1 on Saturday!!

Sorry for the whining… I'll send you some cheese to go with it!!

No comments: